What's the Best Canadian Online Pet Pharmacy?
If you’re an American pet owner, you want nothing less than the best for your pets. As it turns out, the best might just be working with the best Canadian online pet pharmacy and international drugstore.
We’ll let you in on an industry secret:
The best online pet pharmacies in Canada and internationally can help by offering you and your pet superior products for less.
This just leaves you with one decision to make:
How can you vet the best Canadian pet pharmacy websites and international drugstores to make sure you’re getting the service you need?
What to Look For in the Best Canadian Online Pet Pharmacy
Let’s start with the basics. The best Canadian pet pharmacy websites serve you, consider your needs, and prioritize your experience.
So, as you’re considering which Canadian pet pharmacy is the best, look for the following:
- Reliably low prices. The best Canadian online pet pharmacies and international drugstores can source medicine internationally, avoid insurance markups, and get bottom-dollar prescription medication prices. These savings get passed on to you.
- Above-and-beyond customer service. At your Canada pharmacy for pets, you should be able to call and speak with a friendly customer service rep at any time. The best online pharmacies realize that buying medicine online can feel daunting, so they invest significantly in a top-tier customer service experience.
- Online-only perks. At the best Canadian pet pharmacy online drugstores, you’ll be able to price-match, create an account to save your information, review your purchasing history, and view the site’s safety and privacy credentials at any time. This should make your pet pharmacy experience much easier and less stressful.
We’ll go over each of these telltale signs of the best Canadian online pet pharmacy websites in turn – and we’ll talk about how to tell if the pharmacy you’re considering is a good choice for you and your four-legged best friend.
The Best Canadian Online Pet Pharmacy Sites Have Great Prices
The math here is simple: By shipping prescription pet meds from Canada to America or from overseas to America, most US pet owners can save a lot.
Here’s a quick rundown of frequently-ordered pet medications – and how much Americans can save when they order from the best Canadian pet pharmacy websites and international pharmacies.
Inhalers for pets deliver strong anti-inflammatory medications into their respiratory systems. This can break up inflammation and pain, helping pets breathe after an asthmatic or allergic attack. Some of the most popular include:
- Flovent HFA inhaler for cats and dogs, which can cost around $260.00 per 120-dose inhaler. Instead, you can save up to 83% by buying them for about $42.00 through NorthWestPharmacy.com.
- Albuterol HFA inhaler for cats and dogs, an inhaler that’s on the more affordable side, even in America – where it retails starting at approximately $40.00. However, through NorthWestPharmacy.com, you can buy brand Ventolin (albuterol) inhalers for about $27.00 each (up to 32% savings).
- Advair HFA inhaler for cats and dogs. These run approximately $400.00 per 120-dose inhaler in America, or $130.00 through NorthWestPharmacy.com (up to 67% savings).
Eye and Ear Irritation
Bacteria, build-up, momentary blindness, and more: Our feline and canine friends often experience intense eye and ear irritation that can cause significant pain or frustrating itchiness. These eye drops and ointments can help.
- Azopt Eye Drops for cats and dogs, which retail for around $42.00 per mL in America – or about $6.00 per mL through an online or international Canadian pharmacy (up to 85% savings).
- Baytril Otic Ear Drops for dogs, which costs between $20.00 – $30.00 for a 15mL bottle in America. NorthWestPharmacy.com offers affordable generics for many popular brand medications, including Baytril Otic Ear Drops. Here, you can buy a 15mL bottle of generic enrofloxacin/silver sulfadiazine, the active ingredients in Baytril Otic Ear Drops, for around $16.00.
- Epi-Otic Dog and Cat Ear Cleanser, which helps pet owners keep pet ears squeaky clean (and at reduced risk for painful inflammation and infection). You can buy a 120mL bottle of brand Epi-Otic Dog and Cat Ear Cleanser through NorthWestPharmacy.com for about $27.00.
If your beloved pet is suffering after surgery or due to a chronic disorder, giving them an anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressant medication can result in reliable, quick relief. While these medications can mask symptoms over time, administering pain management medication can be valuable as long as it’s used in accordance with your veterinarian’s approval. Some of the most common pain management for pets medications are:
- Rimadyl, an NSAID (or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) that helps dogs stay mobile while managing orthopedic disorders. In America, patients can buy Rimadyl starting at around $1.30 per pill. Through NorthWestPharmacy.com, patients can save up to 19% when buying brand Rimadyl. Here, we sell Rimadyl for approximately $1.05 per pill.
- Prednisone, an anti-inflammatory medication for both dogs and cats that can effectively reduce pain. At NorthWestPharmacy.com, you can buy generic, low-cost prednisone for around $0.25 per pill.
No one likes watching their pet deal with a painful, itchy rash. Your pet’s veterinarian can help determine the cause of your rash and the best form of relief. Often, veterinarians prescribe one of the following:
- Apoquel for dogs, an oral medication that can help treat atopic dermatitis. While Americans can buy Apoquel for around $3.20 a tablet, you can buy brand Apoquel for around $1.80 per tablet (up to 43% savings).
- Neoral for dogs and cats can treat many immune-related and inflammatory conditions, including atopic dermatitis. Neoral is difficult to find in the states – but you can buy it through NorthWestPharmacy.com for approximately $1.20 per dose.
Parasites and worms can be harmful and bothersome. We’ve got your pets covered with products like this one:
Chronic Disorder Treatment for Pets
Dogs and cats aren’t immune to chronic conditions such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, and hormone disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome. It is challenging to watch your bewildered pet suffer with one of these serious, long-term diseases.
Fortunately, modern medicine can help alleviate symptoms and make it easier for your cat or dog to thrive after diagnosis. Frequently searched chronic pet treatments include:
- DDAVP, an injected medication that can treat central diabetes insipidus in dogs and cats. While DDAVP can cost as much as $864.00 for ten ampoules in America, through NorthWestPharmacy.com we’re able to offer it for around $800.00 for the same ten ampoules (up to 7% savings).
- Vetmedin, a prescription medication that can improve a dog’s quality of life after diagnosis with congestive heart failure. In the United States, Ventolin retails for around $1.15 per pill. Here, you can buy brand Vetmedin for approximately $0.90 per pill (up to 21% savings).
- Vetoryl, a Cushing’s Syndrome medication that can help regulate adrenal gland production to reduce cortisol (a stress hormone). You can buy brand Vetoryl for around $2.70 per capsule through NorthWestPharmacy.com.
The Best Canadian Online Pet Pharmacy Sites Have Great Customer Service
Today, online shopping is the way most of us get a lot of our clothes, household goods, and even food.
Often, people decide to draw the line at pharmaceuticals. Our innate unease with some types of online purchases and general awareness of scams can make us leery of trusting an online retailer with our health (or the health of our pets).
The best pet pharmacies in Canada and internationally are aware of this. Instead of relying on the consumer to become more comfortable with online purchasing on their own, the most trustworthy online pharmacies for pets in Canada and worldwide provide ways for site visitors to feel safe in their purchases.
That’s why, at NorthWestPharmacy.com, we work hard to make sure our customer service experience is second to none.
Each of our customer care representatives is equipped to provide efficient service, knowledgeable about the prescription process, and ready to make your life easier when you call. Our customer service desk is up and running seven days a week.
And, if you’d like to discuss your pet’s prescription with a licensed pharmacist, you can do so through our customer service desk Monday through Friday for no additional charge.
The best online pet pharmacies in Canada and worldwide know that healthcare is frustrating for humans…and everyone who needs care.
At NorthWestPharmacy.com, we ensure that finding, buying, and shipping your pet’s medication is the least stressful part of the healthcare experience.
The Best Canadian Online Pet Pharmacy Sites Offer Incredible Internet-Only Perks
American customers who shop at the best online pet pharmacies in Canada benefit from more than low prices and stellar customer service.
The nature of online shopping allows great international drugstores to offer several internet-only perks, such as:
- Easy price matching
- Updated industry information and medication guides
- The ability to order from anywhere with a few taps on your phone
- Confidentiality (there’s no such thing as awkwardly running into a neighbor at an online drugstore)
- …and more!
Since you have several online Canadian pet pharmacies to choose from, we’ll share just a few quick things to look for when you’re assessing sites for your next order:
Look for safety. International and Canadian pharmacy accreditation groups, like CIPA, exist solely to make sure your pet pharmacy experience is safe. Check the pharmacy website for the CIPA seal of approval or use CIPA’s verification tool, and you're good to go.
Make sure the site doesn’t offer miracle cures. If the front page (or any page!) of a Canadian pet pharmacy website promises total health or 100% cures after a few doses of any medicine, no matter how great that medicine is, click away immediately. That’s misleading advertising at best (and might even be manipulative or unsafe).
Triple-check the payment portals. You need to make sure you feel comfortable completing an online transaction on your chosen Canadian pharmacy website. CIPA factors the presence of secure transaction tech in its decision, so start by looking for the CIPA seal. For further peace of mind, look for TrustGuard and Norton shopping guarantees.
Caring for Your Pets with the Best Canadian Online Pet Pharmacy
After you go to the doctor to manage any condition you’re experiencing, you likely have at least some idea of how you’ll get your own medication. Whether you have a brick-and-mortar pharmacy near your home or buy prescriptions through a cost-effective online pharmacy, figuring out your medication can be simple.
Sometimes, it can feel like getting the right pet medications is another thing entirely.
Managing your pet’s prescriptions, figuring out how much they will cost, and finding a pet store or pharmacy that stocks the proper medication in the right dose can take an incredible amount of time and stress.
And the very last thing you need when you know your pet is suffering is more stress (and delays, and more frustrating costs).
The best Canadian online pet pharmacy websites and international drugstores exist to help you avoid all of that frustration in just a few clicks. Instead of wondering where you’re going to get your pet’s inhaler or NSAID, you can simply:
- Have your veterinarian send your pet’s prescription to the best Canadian pet pharmacy or international pharmacy
- Log into that pharmacy’s website, find the medication you need, and order it in minutes online (or with a quick phone call)
- Cuddle with your pet while that medication is shipped speedily to your front door
It can really be that simple. That’s what we’d want for our pets – so that’s what NorthWestPharmacy.com offers you.
Whether you’re most interested in excellent customer service, online-only perks, or reliably low prices, the best Canadian online pet pharmacies are here to make your life easier. To soothe any worries you may have about buying medication online, you can call our customer care center to speak with a licensed pharmacist M-F, free of charge. Or you can check out our previous online pharmacy customer reviews – we’re proud to have a consistent 4.8/5 rating across hundreds of thousands verified customer testimonials, making us the highest rated and most reviewed online pharmacy in the world.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to the friendly team at NorthWestPharmacy.com today! Call us at 1-866-539-5330, or contact us online.
We look forward to helping you keep your pet as healthy as possible.