Why Is Myrbetriq So Expensive? (& How to Get Up to 76% Off)
Millions of people in the United States live with overactive bladder symptoms.
They schedule their days around bathroom visits – they never know when the sudden, intense, and painful need to urinate will strike.
Researchers are working to discover what causes an overactive bladder. In the meantime, effective prescription medications that reduce symptoms such as Myrbetriq (and its generic, mirabegron ER) are extremely popular.
Unfortunately, they’re also costly.
American patients can expect to pay up to $492.00 for just a one-month supply of Myrbetriq.
Why is Myrbetriq so expensive?
And is it possible to get Myrbetriq cheaper?
Good news: You can!
At NorthWestPharmacy.com, you can get the same one-month supply for around $116.00 (up to 76% savings). We also sell generic mirabegron ER at a more affordable price.
In this article, we’ll explain why Myrbetriq is so expensive, and how you can lower the cost of Myrbetriq so you don’t have to choose between your health and financial stability.
Why is Myrbetriq So Expensive?
In a nutshell, the high cost of Myrbetriq comes down to its efficacy, its relative uniqueness, and the lack of regulation for prescription drug prices in America which is the opposite of what makes Canada’s drugs so much cheaper.
First things first, though: Why is Myrbetriq special? Why would someone need to take Myrbetriq?
What Does Myrbetriq Do?
Myrbetriq is a prescription medication that patients can leverage to manage overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms.
An overactive bladder can be a severe and often chronic problem. When patients suffer from overactive bladder, they may need to urinate frequently without warning, experience leakage or accidental urination, or deal with a sudden and strong (almost painful) need to urinate.
These symptoms can interfere with the patient’s ability to go about an uninterrupted daily routine. Overactive bladder patients often feel they are bound to their homes or can only leave their homes knowing where the closest bathrooms are.
Taking effective medication to relieve overactive bladder symptoms can be transformative.
Myrbetriq is one such medication.
How Does Myrbetriq Work?
Myrbetriq – and its active ingredient, mirabegron ER – can help reduce the urgency and frequency with which a patient needs to urinate.
These medications do this by helping the bladder muscle wall relax. This allows the bladder to hold more urine before triggering the need to empty.
(Think of a water balloon gently expanding as opposed to a more rigid plastic container, and you’ll get the idea of what Myrbetriq can do.)
Myrbetriq helps patients experience that result, and it does so with an extended-release formula.
Mybetriq’s extended-release formula is more convenient than similar medications that need to be taken several times throughout the day or as needed – Myrbetriq should only be taken once daily.
This dosing schedule is convenient, effective, and allows patients suffering from OAB a new level of freedom. No longer do they need to track down the nearest bathroom or tote around a vial of pills for after-the-fact treatment.
How Much Does Myrbetriq Cost?
While Myrbetriq is great solution for OAB patients, it does have one significant pitfall:
Myrbetriq’s high cost places it squarely outside the reach of many Americans.
In America, a one-month supply (30 tablets) of Myrbetriq starts at about $492.00. (That’s about $16.40 per daily dose.) So a full year of treatment with Myrbetriq may cost around $6,000.00 – for just one medication.
For lower prices and the convenience of shipping your meds straight to your front door, you can pick up your Myrbetriq through NorthWestPharmacy.com for much less.
Here, we sell a pack of 30 tablets of Myrbetriq for approximately $116.00, or about $3.85 per tablet.
That represents a savings of up to 76%!
Fortunately, people who depend upon Myrbetriq can source this in-demand drug for less than retail price by buying from a safe, reputable online pharmacy.
But this raises some questions about Myrbetriq’s retail cost in America.
Why is Myrbetriq So Expensive in America?
Nearly $500.00 per month of treatment is an eye-wateringly high cost. What makes this medication so expensive in the United States?
In America, there are a few reasons why prescription drugs like Myrbetriq are priced so high:
- Patent Laws: After a pharmaceutical company receives approval for a new drug, they are granted patent protection for many years. That means the pharmaceutical company can sell their drug without competition.
No one can make a generic (more affordable) version until the patent expires. Without competition, the pharmaceutical company can make (and keep) its prices high.
- Lengthy Approvals: Once a patent expires, you could expect the market to be immediately flooded with lower-cost alternatives. However, because the drug approval process can easily last a decade, getting a cheaper drug to market won’t happen immediately after a patent is no longer an issue.
- Zero Price Regulation: The United States doesn’t have any federal guidelines regulating how companies price their drugs. Even after the patent expires and lower-cost generics become widely available, manufacturers can still price brand-name drugs as they please. Sometimes, the strength and performance of the brand name can create enough of a market for a drug for the manufacturers to keep their prices high.
- Marketing and Administrative Costs: The cost of Myrbetriq and other drugs may be boosted to keep up with rising marketing and administrative costs. As pharmaceutical companies undertake more expensive marketing activities, they pass that cost on to the consumer.
- Supply Chain Issues: The past few years brought the global supply chain shuddering to a halt, impacting virtually every industry with unprecedented wait times. Suddenly, manufacturing prescription drugs became much more complicated.
Pharmacies, too, struggled to keep their shelves stocked. This difficulty and demand ensured pharmacies and manufacturers could keep their prices high.
- Insurance Challenges: When we state the retail price for a drug, we’re not factoring in insurance at all. For many people, this can be a huge relief. Why? Some people with insurance won’t end up paying anything close to the drug's sticker price, which is a benefit of some insurance plans.
However, many insurance companies either don’t cover expensive medications or do so exceptionally unreliably. If a specific drug's cost skyrockets, it may be more likely that an insurance company will stop including it in its coverage – or boost its premiums to protect its profits.
This can leave people with insurance searching for a simpler, lower-cost way to buy their needed meds even if they do have coverage.
One popular way to reduce prescription costs is to opt for a generic, when possible.
Does Myrbetriq Have a Generic?
Myrbetriq does have a generic equivalent widely available in the United States.
Mirabegron ER, the active ingredient in Myrbetriq, can be a workable alternative to the brand-name drug. In most cases, patients who use the generic form may experience some of the same benefits that Myrbetriq provides.
It’s important to understand that a generic is not necessarily identical to the brand-name drug. Why?
- Generic medications often do not have the exact same formula as the brand-name drug. Instead, they may have different buffer or filler ingredients or slightly different proportions of similar inactive ingredients.
- Because generic medications are slightly different, it’s possible to have an adverse reaction to a generic and a safe experience with the brand-name drug or vice versa. There are also some kinds of medications (known as “narrow therapeutic index drugs”) with such specific ingredient lists that the generic just doesn’t provide the same result but Myrbetriq is not such a drug.
- In addition, some doctors prefer prescribing the brand-name drug (or may not be aware that a generic is available). If the brand-name medication is specifically prescribed, a pharmacy cannot fill that prescription with a lower-cost generic.
If you or your doctor prefer brand-name prescription medications for any reason, you need to be able to source them reliably without paying far more than you do for generics.
And, of course, if you can tolerate a generic, you still need an easy, low-cost way to purchase that.
How Much Does Mirabegron Cost?
While Mirabegron ER is less expensive than Myrbetriq, it’s still far more costly than most people can afford.
In America, you can purchase a one-month supply, or 30 tabs, of Mirabegron ER for around $394.00. At just over $13.00 per tablet, that’s less than brand-name Myrbetriq – but not by much.
To save up to 76%, you can purchase the same one-month supply of Mirabegron ER through NorthWestPharmacy.com for about $90.00, or around $3.00 per daily pill.
How to Get Myrbetriq Cheaper Through an Online Canadian Pharmacy
Saving over 75% on either brand-name Myrbetriq or generic mirabegron ER may seem too good to be true.
How can international online pharmacies offer such low prices on such typically expensive prescription medications?
There are many reasons, but some of the most relevant include:
- Online Canadian pharmacies often don’t work with American insurance. That allows them a little more influence over pricing structures – and saves them a lot of money in administrative costs.
- Online Canadian pharmacies can source medication from anywhere in the world, as long as they’re doing so safely (which we’ll talk about in a moment). This helps Canadian pharmacies avoid supply chain issues and offer consistently lower prices.
- Online Canadian pharmacies offer easier patient education. They also offer patients the ability to price-check, connect with a pharmacist, and more. When you have all of the information you need at your fingertips, you can quickly make strategic choices regarding your medication to save money.
However, whenever you’re entrusting your safety and health to any company, particularly one that operates online, you need to be highly confident that you’re working with a pharmacy you can trust.
Not All Online Pharmacies Are Created Equal
Sadly, there are some online pharmacies out there that are more interested in scamming you out of your money than actually helping you pursue your health goals.
When you’re looking for an online pharmacy worth your time, you need to find one with a flawless safety record.
You also need a pharmacy with a service team ready to go above and beyond to ensure you’re comfortable with your purchase.
Here’s how NorthWestPharmacy.com works to make sure we’re the best resource possible to help connect you to the safe, low-cost prescription drugs you need:
- We adhere rigorously to every safety standard set forth by CIPA, or the Canadian International Pharmacy Association. CIPA’s seal of approval confers legitimacy to companies in the online pharmacy industry. Simply speaking, CIPA is widely recognized as the platinum standard for international online pharmacies and consumers should be wary about using any international online pharmacy that is not accredited by CIPA.
Achieving this certification is challenging, but NorthWestPharmacy.com goes that extra mile.
We are proud to be certified by both CIPA and the International Pharmacy Association of British Columbia (IPABC), another group providing oversight over Canadian online pharmacies.
- Our seven-day-a-week customer service desk is staffed with supportive, friendly, and knowledgeable representatives. Online shopping can feel impersonal, and while that can be a perk of the process, buying prescription medications is different.
We understand that everything involved with healthcare can be stressful. Our team is ready to alleviate that stress as much as possible. Need to speak with a pharmacist? Have questions about drug authenticity? Want to order over the phone? We’re ready to provide the support you need.
- We’re continually updating our catalog of low-cost prescription medications. Except for controlled substances and some temperature-sensitive medications, our comprehensive list of medications should cover most prescriptions for you and your loved ones.
Ready to Save Big on the Cost of Myrbetriq? Here’s How
Living with an overactive bladder can wreak havoc on your quality of life. Unfortunately, when your options for prescription medications are priced wildly out of your comfort zone, you may have no choice but to live with your symptoms.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring Americans have an accessible, affordable way to work towards their health goals.
We’re proud to provide you with safe, authentic prescription prices for many meds, including Myrbetriq, at low costs.
Check out our hundreds of thousands Canadian online pharmacy customer reviews to see exactly how we’re ready to support you. NorthWestPharmacy.com has earned consistently high ratings over the years (with an overall 4.8/5 rating across hundreds of thousands of reviews).
Interested in learning more or placing an order? Connect with our team today at 1-866-539-5330, or email us.