Your Complete Guide to Generic Clomid (Clomiphene/Serophene)
How much does Clomid cost? What about generic Clomid?
If you’re already familiar with the world of fertility and hormone medications, these are questions you may already be asking.
Whether you’ve wondered about the price of generic Clomid before or not, you’re in the right place. Here, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide to Clomid, a medication also known as Serophene, and its generic counterpart – clomiphene citrate.
What Does Generic Clomid (Clomiphene) Do?
Generic Clomid (and brand Clomid) is a drug that doctors often prescribe when patients seek help with their fertility. If you or a loved one is trying to get pregnant or is trying to resolve a hormonal issue, clomiphene may be able to help.
Clomid is a selective estrogen receptor modulator, or a SERM. When patients take generic Clomid, it blocks estrogen receptors in an important part of their brain regulating hormone production (the hypothalamus).
This makes it significantly harder for estrogen to transmit signals to the hypothalamus, which affects the kinds of hormones the hypothalamus helps produce. The result? After taking Clomid, patients should see a surge in follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone.
These two hormones usually trigger ovulation. By taking Clomid, patients can know approximately when they will ovulate, which is vital for timing attempts for conception to maximum effect.
What Conditions Does Generic Clomid Treat?
While many patients who use Clomid struggle with some version of infertility, Clomid’s ability to trigger ovulation isn’t only helpful for boosting the likelihood of conception.
Regular ovulation is very helpful for female hormone production and requisite patient health. If a patient is not ovulating consistently for any reason – most commonly, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS – taking Clomid can help them ovulate and trigger a more regular menstrual cycle.
In fact, the drug was first developed to help treat irregular cycles. Doctors only noticed after the fact that patients taking Clomid experienced higher pregnancy rates.
Is Clomid Safe and Effective?
Generic Clomid and brand-name Clomid are considered to be safe.
Clomid was approved in the ‘60s to treat ovulatory disorders, and the drug has been used ever since to treat infertility and restore regular cycles for patients seeking support with these challenges.
How Much Does Clomid Cost?
In the USA, patients often pay as much as $265.00 for a 30-count pack of brand Clomid, which could last about six cycles (depending on how many pills of Clomid the patient is directed to take per cycle).
At around $9.00 per pill, that will add up – particularly when you add in all of the other costs surrounding fertility treatments in America!
Fortunately, you have other options.
For example, through NorthWestPharmacy.com, American patients can buy 10 pills of brand Clomid for $80.00 – savings of up to 10%.
What About Generic Clomid? Does It Work?
Generic Clomid, or unbranded clomiphene citrate, is a chemically equivalent product to brand-name Clomid. It has the same active ingredients and can usually be used the same way as the branded medication.
As long as you buy your generic Clomid through a high-quality, reputable online pharmacy, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
However, Clomid, as a medication that regulates hormones, can have a noticeable effect on a patient’s mood and health. If you take generic Clomid, monitor your state of mind and physical symptoms closely.
Troubleshooting hormonal issues is enough of a challenge without having to deal with even minor unwanted symptoms, and there’s always a chance that patients could react to an inactive (or filler) ingredient in a generic medication or even a brand one.
Ideally, you should feel free to find and afford both the brand and generic versions of the drug, so you (and your doctor) can determine which works best for you and your unique goals.
How Much Does Generic Clomid Cost?
Through NorthWestPharmacy.com, you can buy generic Clomid for a little under $1.00 per pill, in a supply of 100 pills for around $94.00.
Generic Clomid: Your Go-To User’s Guide
Using Clomid isn’t quite as simple as taking a single pill at the same time every day. Your doctor will provide unique-to-you instructions about getting the best possible benefit from this medication.
In the meantime, here are a few best practices to keep in mind.
- Work with your doctor, first, before trying the pill. Although this is always a good (and usually required) step before accessing prescription medications, for Clomid, it’s a must. To know when to take Clomid and what dosage is most strategic for you and your goals, you’ll need to get some tests done and talk through your plans with a professional.
- Follow all of the instructions your doctor provides. Taking Clomid, especially for fertility, requires exact timing and adherence to spelled-out plans. Make sure you understand when your doctor wants you to take Clomid, for how long, and (if you’re trying to get pregnant) which days afterward your doctor recommends intercourse to maximize your chances of conception.
- Understand your menstrual cycle. Clomid works by triggering ovulation, so if you have an idea of when this normally happens for you (if applicable) and what your body feels like when ovulation occurs, that can be helpful. Your doctor may also schedule timed blood tests to confirm that ovulation has happened. Being aware of the way hormone levels go up and down during the menstrual cycle can help you understand what Clomid’s doing, why your doctor’s ordering tests, and when you’re most likely to be fertile.
- Know that Clomid may trigger side effects in addition to ovulation. It’s common for patients who take Clomid to experience a wide range of hormonal symptoms, such as visual disturbances, abdominal discomfort, hot flashes, or breast pain. Often, patients on Clomid report dramatic mood swings, which (even if you’re mentally prepared for them) can still be very difficult to navigate in the moment. It’s a good idea to have a plan in place for frustrating symptoms, as they can add to the overall stress of pursuing a fertility or hormonal treatment regimen in the first place.
- Try to implement other healthy changes, too. Your hormones do not exist in isolation from your overall health. Far from it! If you can, consider eating fresh food, reducing smoking or alcohol, and moving your body regularly while taking Clomid. Doing so may enhance the effectiveness of the treatment plan or reduce unwanted side effects.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. If you’re working toward achieving pregnancy, at a minimum, your doctor will want you to take pregnancy tests and report the results at the end of each cycle. Depending on the test results (and your hormone tests from earlier in the cycle), your doctor may recommend slightly different dosage, timing, or medication strategies for the next cycle.
We’ll reiterate one final piece of advice: Take care of your brain while taking Clomid. For many people, getting pregnant takes time. Clomid can be a game-changer for you, but it doesn’t work for everyone.
Try to stay patient and positive. Schedule self-care sessions, time with your partner or family (if applicable), and other occasions to look forward to as you start your treatment.
Where Can I Buy Generic Clomid (For Less)?
Interested in accessing all the benefits of brand-name Clomid…without paying a hefty price for your prescription each month?
Fortunately, there are several routes you can take toward lower prices for this fertility and hormonal medication.
- First, consider generic clomiphene citrate. Depending on which internet pharmacy you choose, you may be able to find the generic alternative for much cheaper than brand Clomid.
- Whether you’re interested in brand or generic Clomid, make sure you’re comparing prices. (Did you know that different pharmacies can offer medications at wildly different prices?) If you’re able, take time to check the Clomid prices at the pharmacy down the street from you, the one in your grocery store, and the one across town. If you find one where Clomid is significantly cheaper, you can ask your doctor to send your prescription there.
- Discuss dosage strategies with your doctor. Some doctors will have their patients take several days’ worth of smaller doses of Clomid earlier in their cycle. Other doctors will recommend one larger dose to achieve a similar effect. Ask your doctor about a larger dose to see if that may be safe or appropriate in your case.
- Ask if your provider or fertility clinic has a discount or savings program. Think about where your healthcare practitioner works, or which facility you’re partnering with to pursue your hormonal or fertility-related goals. Sometimes, these clinics offer programs or discounts that reduce the costs of required treatments, such as Clomid, Femara, or other fertility medications. Ask your doctor or the reception desk if there are discounts, financial assistance options, or bundled treatment packages you can consider.
- Buy your brand or generic Clomid through an international drugstore. Pharmaceutical drug prices in America are higher than elsewhere for many reasons (including a lack of government price regulation, R&D costs, and a lack of competition for brand-name medications). If you can find an online pharmacy in Canada or internationally that can safely source its drugs from outside of America, you may save significantly on brand and generic Clomid.
Regardless of the cost-saving strategy you select, ensure you’re purchasing your medication from a safe, secure location. There are online and in-person pharmacies that take advantage of people desperately seeking lower prices.
Two green flags that can help you find a reputable Canadian online pharmacy include a requirement for prescriptions and third-party certifications. For example, in Canada and internationally, the Canadian International Pharmacy Association keeps tabs on online pharmacies to help ensure their safety. If an online pharmacy requires prescriptions and has CIPA certification, it’s likely a trustworthy place to buy generic Clomid for less.
Seeking Low-Cost Brand and Generic Clomid? Start Here
When you’re seeking solutions to frustrating cycle-related issues, the last thing you need is high prices standing between you and the relief you deserve.
Often, drugs related to optimal female health are priced far out of anyone’s budget. That’s not acceptable – which is why, through NorthWestPharmacy.com, you can buy a wide range of prescription drugs that help patients treat infertility, PCOS, irregular cycles, and other challenges.
If you’re looking for a way to buy brand or generic Clomid at up to 10% off or more, you’re in the right place. We make it simple, safe, and private to purchase the medications you need (in just a few clicks).
Once you have a valid, updated prescription for Clomid, all you need to do is:
- Navigate to the Clomid product page and review the easy-to-understand information there
- Select the dosage and amount of Clomid you and your doctor have deemed appropriate
- Click “add to cart”
- Check out through our private payment portal
- Upload a copy of your prescription to our online pharmacy website during the check out process
And you’re done! You’ll receive your order, shipped directly to your address, before you know it.
We understand that buying medication online, particularly for personal needs, can feel uncomfortable. Our friendly, responsive team of customer service representatives and pharmacists will go above and beyond to answer any questions you may have, or even help you place your order by calling 1-866-539-5330. Our CIPA-certified international pharmacy and online drugstore is proud to have a consistent 4.8/5 star customer review rating (click here for more details!).
We look forward to providing you with a top-tier customer experience, too, as we support you and your healthcare journey.